The 10 Wonders of God’s Own Country
Here are the 10 spectacular places to visit when you are in the cultural feast of Kerala.
- VENICE OF THE EAST:- ALLEPPEY is famous for its ‘ Kettuvallam’. These are remodeled houseboats which is a perfect balance between traditional design and modern comfort. Alleppey is also known for its toddy shops which serve the customers mouthwatering dishes.
- QUEEN OF ARABIAN SEA:- KOCHI or Cochin is a land equally ruled by its seascape and city life. It is the home of several Ayurveda centers and resorts. Attractions like Kerala Kathakali Center and Kerala Folklore Museum takes you on a path down the cultural memory lane while modern destinations like Lulu Mall perfectly portray the ever-buzzing beauty of city life.
- CITY OF LETTERS:- KOTTAYAM is a place that should be on your bucket list of places to visit. The landscape of this region is filled with magnificent hill stations and temples. The major tourist attractions in Kottayam are Elaveezha Poonchira(hill station), Ettumanoor( Shiva Temple), and Kumarakom(backwaters and Bird sanctuary).
- KASHMIR OF SOUTH INDIA:- MUNNAR is one of the biggest tourist attractions in South India with its countryside glamour, shops, guest houses, and tea plantations. The Geography of Munnar is blessed by mother nature with waterfalls and viewpoints. It houses Eravikulam National Park and Marayoor – the precious piece of land with natural caves, murals, and relics from Stone Age civilization.
- CULTURAL CAPITAL OF KERALA:- THRISSUR As suggested by the name, Thrissur is a concentration of the cultural feast that Kerala has to offer. Its Art Centers and Kerala Kalamandalam are a strong symbol of its cultural wealth. Thrissur also has beaches, Athirappally waterfalls, and a zoo to offer.
- OOTY OF KERALA:- WAYANAD, This mountainous district in the Malabar region is most famous for its numerous trekking trails and the widely known Edakkal caves. Another glimpse of history preserved in Wayanad is the Pazhassi Raja Museum. Nagarhole National Park and Bana Sura Sagar Dam are also tourist attractions.
- EVERGREEN CITY OF INDIA:- THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, Built on hills, this historical city is known for its well-preserved temples and palaces which were built by the former rulers. The Sree Padmanabha Swami Temple is one among them. In this growing city, you can also visit zoos, planetariums, and Asia’s largest mall:- Lulu Mall.
- CITY OF SCULPTURES:- KOZHIKODE, When you hear Halwa, you think of Kozhikode. It’s not only famous for its sweets but also for its authentic culture. The Kappad beach, where Vasco Da Gama arrived, is a major tourist attraction along with the numerous temples and the lakeside village of Elathur.
- CITY OF LOOMS AND LORES:- KANNUR, One of the many things you can enjoy doing in Kannur is taking advantage of the longest drive on the beach in India. It’s a rural landscape and urban designs are equally fascinating to explore. Kannur has its fair share of temples as well.
- GRANARY OF KERALA:- PALAKKAD, Nature and culture worked together to shape this beauty called Palakkad. The remnants of Tippu Sultan’s fort and Museum of Musical Instruments serve as a doorway to the magnificent past. The Natural beauty of this district is brought out the best by Malampuzha Gardens and Silent Valley National Park.